Small decorating projects can make your home a happy place. One of the hardest facts about owning a home is that you can’t always afford how expensive your décor taste is! Everybody wants to decorate their houses with cost effective pieces. Here are some cost effective home décor ideas that you would like to consider –
1. Determine your budget BEFORE you begin: Everyone needs to set a budget according to your pocket and tastes! Once you’ve set one, buy a few major pivotal pieces to center the theme of your room around. Then use thrift shops and department store clearance areas to fill in with gorgeous accessories.
2. Start at the front door/entry: When guests walk in your home they should get a hint about your amazing taste instantly. Try using small decorative baskets to house keys or mail. You can add mirrors, flower vases and accessories to pull your guests into your home. Save money by using vases and decorative urns from other areas of your home that already exist.
3. Redesign your furniture layout: Slip covers are quick and easy solutions for furniture lay out. Re-finish wood furniture or use a fresh coat of paint on headboards and mirror frames. But instead of buying new furniture you can repurpose it and get the same feeling of new and unexpected. Don’t be afraid to experiment and to be original.
4. Hang plates: Plates are an interesting alternative for framed artwork. You can find plates at antique shops and collect them. To hang them on the wall, use sleek hangers that adhere to the back of the plates and that are basically invisible.
5. Paint a canvas: You can make a patterned canvas and display it on a wall. You can use a cardboard template or paint free handedly. Let your creative juices flow! The canvas can then be used as an original decoration for spaces such as a dining room, bedroom or any other space.
6. Fake headboards: Your bedroom may not have enough space necessary for a headboard. But even if they do, headboards can be quite expensive. So you can recreate that effect using other methods. For example, you can paint a fake headboard silhouette on the wall.
7. Display collections: Sometimes a great way to save some money is to display what you already own. So you can spice up your interior décor by displaying things you have collected over the years. It can be anything from stamps to old coins and books. It’s a great way of including something personal into the décor of a room.
8. Create a family gallery: Another way of personalizing a space is to use framed photos. You can create a family gallery by hanging framed pictures of members of your family in your living room.
9. Choose bold colors: A good combination of colors is an easy way to pop up your house. So if you want to make the atmosphere more vibrant, go for bold colors. Use great combinations and try new ideas, use different shades and textures to make your room stand out.
10. Choose mirrors: Mirrors are also inexpensive décor solutions and their versatility allows them to be used in any room of the house and in almost any space. To add spice to your room, go for framed mirrors which give your house a formal look.