Phone prospecting takes a long time to pay off than other types of marketing efforts, when you get into it you discover a complete different side and it will take some time to get results. With any marketing method, no introductory calls should be made without a plan. When you are making calls always use a list of targeted prospects, it is important to get the right list of prospects. Information about the prospects can be obtained from the list broker who provides you the list. If you are good at preparing for cold calling but actually, call making is painful for you, here are five tips you can use when you are cold calling and turn into a success.
1. Each call should be personalized after preparing mentally- Your mindset needs to support your language or the conversation will not go truthful. You need to work on developing a warm voice rather than developing a sugarcoated telephone voice that has that “Don’t I know you?” ring to it.
2. Before making, any calls perfect your phone style alone- You need to feel safe to act carefree, if you are self-conscious about calling. Use this method; take a voice recorder, a mirror, a sales journal of outgoing and incoming phone scripts, a proper sized pad and a pen. Write down your favorite dialogue and then talk to yourself in the mirror. Notice your facial expressions because our exterior reflects our interior.
3. Collect familiar things around you- You feel energetic at work if you are in a positive mood. Use photos of the family, framed testimonial letters, inspirational quotes or whatever, puts you in an energetic and positive mood. Try playing the music you like and that inspires you.
4. Watch tone of your voice- Do not sound embarrassed or arrogant while you are on call. The ideal tone should be warm, curious and should be straight to the point. A good option is asking a question or cut to the chase statement, for example, “I have a question. On our all coffee drinks, we are offering a two for one special during the next 30 days, just to get people in the store. I need to know if you have ever stopped in while shopping at the mall and if not, why not?
5. Five after fifteen- After every 15 calls take a break of 5 minutes, utilize that break for stretching, turn on some tunes, drink soda or do whatever you like and that makes you feel relaxed. Then again, grab the phone for other 15 calls.
Use the tips mentioned above to get success in your cold calling business.