- Xplore Cities
- Realty Rating
- Realty Grill
- Consultancy Services
Patwari also known as the village accountant is the lowest ranking administrative officer in the Revenue Department. He is allotted in the rural parts of the Indian sub continent. He is known with different name in different region of India. His job consists of visiting village’s agricultural land and marinating records of ownership of the land. A Patwari has a specific power that makes even feudal lords to be on their good side. It is Patwari’s responsibility to inform about the serious calamites that affect the land and the crops and the diseases that spread between men and animals and crops. He must properly write the detail and provide them with the revenue which is required to heal them. All his entries in the diary has to be up to date.
There are people who abuse their power as Patwari, causing farmers to suicide and making so much confusion. They manipulate the records when given bribe by land lords; they even keep the amount given to them by the government for farmers by showing false record to the government. Since they are the one who have to collect records on the primary level so they have the original record which has to be passed on, therefore giving them the access to manipulate the records.
Duties of a Patwari
1) To maintain the record of the crop grown and harvested
2) To keep the records updated before the mutation of documents
3) The record of statistical returns embodying the information derived from the harvest inspections, register of mutation and record of rights
Documents Related to Patwari
1) Fard: It’s a document that shows the ownership of land. It is to be noted that the Fard document that shows the record of the revenue, keeping details of the person paying the revenue, is not the final evidence to use as an ownership of the property, it can be a part of evidence which along with other proof can be used to establish rights on property
2) Prett Patwar: A record that shows the detail to transfer records
3) Prett Sarkar: When Prett Patwar is arrested then it becomes Prett Sarkar
4)Girdawari: it is the document in which the Patwari enters the name of the owner, name of the cultivator number of land, area, Kind of land, cultivated or non cultivated area, source of irrigation, name of the crop, and its condition, revenue and the rate of revenue twice a year
5) Jambandi; Also known as B1/ Khatouni Kishtwar. It contains the record of land holders and revenue as per every khata Private as well as Govt. Land. It is prepared by using Khasra.